This course is designed for girls and women who want to improve their physical and emotional resilience and assertivity.
A down to earth course plenty of practical tools and advice. It is an ideal opportunity to reinforce your inner power in a safe and supporting environment. The self-defense course will make you feel safer and stronger which will improve your belief in yourself and your self-respect.
Towards a more authentic and fearless, pure YOU!
We always start by doing a short round, women only, to share how you are, followed by some exercises to get into our bodies. Magali from Moving Magic takes you along.
After that, the self-defense teacher arrives, Patrick, he will first go over some theory about masculine anatomy and psychology, also discussing the self-defense laws. But most of the course is practicing self-defense techniques and principles in specific situations – if you like, you yourself can propose what kind of situations you want to practice. While practicing real-life situations your level and sensitivities are taken into account.
We end by having a women-only moment again where we can once again share how we are so you can go home happily and safely.
Unique offer in Leuven
- because your wishes and sensitivities are taken into account. You are coached where needed, and encouraged to reach up to your potential, whenever you yourself choose to.
- all your questions will be answered, you are offered practical solutions. In that we take confidentiality seriously.
- you can count on an individual approach
- you get to practice real-life situations, down-to-earth, no-nonsense. You can practice with women, and with safe men. You go home with knowledge and skills that you can use and apply right away.
- sometimes these physical exercises can stirr up things in you. In this course there is attention for togetherness, sisterhood and support, the psychological aspects. So, not only will you become physically wiser, you will also grow in consciousness and gain more emotional power.
- On top of that we can count on a teacher who will inspire you with his limitless passion for martial arts and self-defense and his rich experience in self-defense. He has been teaching for more than 40 years. He leads his own school, I.S.D.S, in Leuven and Putte. He has taught men, women, children, police officers, security teams, … You can read all about Patrick Van Vlasselaer here.
Practical information self-defense
The self-defense techniques are taught by Patrick van Vlasselaer of ISDS Belgium and his assistants. It will be about 15 hours in total spread over a series of 3-4 hour sessions.
*** If you feel group sessions are too challenging for you, individual, tailor-made sessions are also possible. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for all info! ***
Free info session about level 1: June 19, 2021 at 10 a.m. – please sign up in advance!
Location: Moving Magic, Holsbeeksesteenweg 80, 3010 – outside
Level 1: 2021 –
SUN July 11 * 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Location: Moving Magic, Kessel-Lo
SAT July 17 * 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Location: Sportcomplex Kessel-Lo
SAT July 24 * 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Location: Sportcomplex Kessel-Lo
SAT July 31 * 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Location: Sportcomplex Kessel-Lo
SAT August 14 * 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Location: Sportcomplex Kessel-Lo
Come back day for those who already did Level 1:
SUN July 25 * 9 – 14u Location: Sportcomplex Kessel-Lo ! to be confirmed
Level 1: 109 euro if you sign up before June 24 * 117 eur if you sign up after June 24
Come back day: 43 euro if you sign up before July 8 * 51 eur if you sign up after July 8
Info or sign up? email@example.com or by using the general contact form below [please mention the course you are informing about!].