This course is designed for girls and women who want to improve their physical and emotional resilience and assertiveness.
A down to earth course plenty of practical tools and advice. The self-defense course will make you feel safer and stronger which will improve your self-confidence and your self-respect.
Towards a more authentic and fearless, pure YOU!
We always start with a short sharing round, women only, guided by Magali, to share how you are, followed by some exercises to get into our bodies and to dive into body language and general assertiveness principles.
After that, the self-defense teacher arrives, Patrick, he will first go over some theory about masculine anatomy and psychology, also discussing the self-defense laws. But most of the course is practicing self-defense techniques and principles in specific situations – if you like, you yourself can propose what kind of situations you want to practice. While practicing real-life situations your level and sensitivities are taken into account.
We end by having a women-only moment again where we can once again share how we are so you can go home happily and safely.
Unique offer in Leuven
- your wishes and sensitivities are taken into account. You are coached where needed, and encouraged to reach up to your potential in a supporting environment.
- all your questions will be answered, you are offered practical solutions. In that we take confidentiality seriously.
- you can count on an individual approach
- you get to practice real-life situations, down-to-earth, no-nonsense. You can practice with women, and with safe men, which feels very empowering. You go home with knowledge and skills that you can use and apply right away.
- sometimes these physical exercises can stir up things in you. In this course there is attention for the psychological aspects. So, not only will you become physically wiser, you will also grow in consciousness and gain more emotional power.
- On top of that we can count on a teacher who will inspire you with his limitless passion for martial arts and self-defense and his rich experience in self-defense. He has been training for more than 50 years. He leads his own school, I.S.D.S, in Leuven and Putte. He has taught men, women, children, police officers, security teams, … You can read all about Patrick Van Vlasselaer here.
Practical information self-defense
The self-defense techniques are taught by Patrick van Vlasselaer of ISDS Belgium and his assistants. It will be about 20 hours in total spread over a series of 4 or 5 sessions.
You can participate if you are 14 years or older. For younger candidates, please contact us.
It does not matter how fit or how young or old you are, we adapt our approach individually. That is one of the strengths of this course.
*** If you feel group sessions are too challenging for you, individual, tailor-made sessions are also possible. E-mail me at email@example.com for all info! ***
Free info session: May 21, 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., June 23 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please sign up through firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 1: 2022 – standing techniques
April 2 – 9 – 23 – 30
Time: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
August 20 – 27 – September– 3 – 10 – 17, 2022
Time: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Level 2 for those who already did Level 1: escaping on the ground
April 2 – 9 – 23 – 30
Time: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: Sportschuur Wilsele, Brandweg 8, 3012 Wilsele
Location: Groenstraat 129, Heverlee
Level 1: 131 euro if you sign up before Mar 16 / Aug 4 * 139 eur if you sign up afterwards * sign up 10 days before start date
Level 2: 171 euro if you sign up before Mar 16 * 179 eur if you sign up after Mar 16 * sign up before Mar 23
Workshops: 41 eur per workshop
Info or sign up? email@example.com or by using the general contact form below [please mention the course you are informing about!].